Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Disease!

Sure I may be the last person in the comic book reading world to read it, but I finally got around to reading all of The Ultimates, Volume 1 by Mark Millar and Bryan Hitch. I'm not really the biggest Millar fan in the world, I liked Red Son, thought Wanted was good until the last issue and the other comics I've read by him were just kind of there. On the whole, The Ultimates was entertaining, with some great artwork by Bryan Hitch. I thought some of Millar's dialogue was a bit forced, and a lot the scenes of felt VERY derivative, but I kind of like Millar's take on Captain America. Even though I liked the art, it seemed as if there were too many pages with less than four panels of artwork, which gave the feeling of less going on in some issues. Reading the entire story in one sitting was good, and I can imagine being frustrated if I had read this as each issue published. So on the whole an entertaining story, but there was a big feeling of writing-for-the trade on this one.

Posted my review of The Thackery T. Lambshead Pocket Guide to Eccentric & Discredited Diseases, a very fun book.

Added some more links to the sidebar, more blogs and archived my SFFWorld book reviews and interviews, so I at least have one location where I can access all of them.

This gave me a chuckle, via Keyoke/Mike/Paedeur or whatever the hell he's calling himself these days: The Evil Overlord List

No comments: