Monday, April 04, 2005

PS2, Baseball & Books

I beat Champions of Norrath yesterday. Well, at least the beginner level. There are two more levels I can play, Advanced and Courageous. The game is a lot of fun and the advanced levels make it well worth the money, and give you a lot of playing time. I will hold off on replaying for a while, though. I've still got a nice handful of games to play and hopefully beat, not the least of which is Lord of the Rings: The Third Age. Though I have to admit, the lure of three or four games I want to buy is very strong: EA MVP 2005 Baseball, Prince of Persia 2, Shadow of Rome and most of all, God of War.

The Baseball season is officially underway, an impressive win last night for the Yankees. Many sports writers and sports reporters are picking Hideki Matsui to win the MVP. I will be surprised if one Yankee distinguishes himself enough to win the MVP this year, the argument always being the Yankees would likely be in the same position without the player. I think this is one of the reasons Albert Pujols didn't win the NL MVP award last year.

I'm in the midst of reading two very good books right now The Risen Empire by Scott Westerfeld and Gemquest: The Awakening by Gary Wassner. More often than not, I only read one book at a time, but I wanted to try and read multiple books at the same time. Its proving interesting, trying to determine which book to grab, fortunately, they are both very entertaining, but I think I'm giving the edge to Gemquest: The Awakening.

No comments: