Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Silly Rob Forgot 2 Books

As is most often the case when I do these things, I neglected a couple of books in my recap of my 2006 reading/book addiction summary. The most egregious error was my omission of Joe Hill’s 20th Century Ghosts. I read it at the tail end of the year and for reasons I can’t explain, I missed in my wrap-up yesterday. That was the long of it, the short of it was that I was tremendously impressed with the collection, with only 1 story below the excellent rating for me. I’m looking forward to his debut novel, Heart-Shaped Box.

I also forgot another debut novel I really enjoyed from ’06, but that is due more to me reading it at the end of 2005. The novel in question is Tobias Buckell’s Crystal Rain –another sf/fantasy hybrid with a pirate feel. Buckell has been writing short stories for a while now, and I liked the debut quite a bit. In fact, I’m really looking forward to reading the sequel, Ragamuffin, due out in June.

No comments: